Tuesday 10 July 2012

Blinded mind, Secret date

I was expecting for an Indian contemporary theatre, only to realise I am in for a Finnish contemporary dance. But I have nothing to complaint, cos I got a free ticket that can cost up to RM103. Thanks to Lily!



While we were sitting in the Dewan, feeling all excited waiting for the performance to start, camwhoring begins..and yea, Kwei Yee came along too (don't be envy)


That's Kwei Yee with Lily flaunting her new toy


That's me and Lily posing with her new toy again(and i was envious)

Oh yea, before i forgot, the performance was called the "Blinded Mind". It was a dance that plays with contrasts and oppositions. It combines the powerful visual elements and soundworld which tells the story of one individual’s bravery in swimming against the stream and the unavoidable consequences that follow (so the brouchere said). Dreamlike sensitivity is combined with stark reality. Check out the trailer here: http://vimeo.com/21419996.

 
What occured was yet another beautiful performance, but the timing on Wednesday evening was not right! Lily (sitting on my left) and me can't help falling asleep in the dark cosy theater hall, but Kwei Yee (sitting on my right) who was awake throughout the performance thought it was a brilliant show inspiring him to dance again.


And one last picture of our blinded mind, secret date before heading home

-sealed-

No comments:

Post a Comment